September 24th, 2004 • 5:46am]
[EDIT] I've moved journals already as mentioned above. My new LJ is still Friends Only. If you want to be added there, please read on. The same rules apply but instead of adding this LJ or commenting here, you'll obviously have to do it on my new site. Thanks. [/EDIT]
This LiveJournal is Friends Only, meaning you cannot gain any access to it unless you are officially on my LJ friends list. Obviously, you have to have an LJ account and with that, you have to add me and then I have to add you back. Why is it this way? This is because I simply want to keep track of who the people reading my online journal are and of course, for personal, privacy and even security reasons. No one wants unwanted people, complete strangers or total creeps just reading their journals!
1. Do not add my LJ for superficial reasons such as to increase the number of your LJ friends or just because you get a kick out of it (aka boredom) and such.
2. Do not add me if you won't even bother to visit my LJ and read (as well as comment, of course) on the entries at all.
3. Do not add me if all you want is help with things such as graphics, layouts, HTML, LJ overrides and such. That's what help and tutorial sites are for.
4. Do not add me just to get or expecting some freebies such as free layouts, icons, graphics etc. I do make these things and yes, sometimes I do give them away for free even to unknown people but please, don't add me just because you want or expect them from me.
5. Always show respect and don't do anything stupid (such as spamming, flaming, stealing and such) regardless of whether or not I add you back or whether or not you agree with me.
6. Keep in mind the initial purpose of journals and this LJ. This is a semi-private, personal online journal that I'm willing to share with certain people. This is not a commercial site or a site for freebies, designs, requests and the like.
6. Always observe general laws and rules such as the LJ Terms of Service, Netiquette, Copyright etc.
7. Please use proper grammar, spelling and such as much as possible. That means no sticky caps, Net or text messaging shortcuts etc.
8. If I do add you back, I do expect that you would actually visit, read and comment on this journal, even just once in a while!
9. If you decide that you (still) want be my LJ friend and gain all the benefits, then read on!
BECOME A FRIEND
1. If you decide that you want to become a friend and gain access to my journal, you first have to have your own LiveJournal account.
2. Once you are logged on to your LJ account, all you have to do is to go to my User Info page and then click on the Add button or, for a quick shortcut, just click on the Add Me link in the Navigator.
3. Right after logging on and adding me, comment on this entry (yup, this very entry) so that I am aware that you added me and want to become a friend and view my journal. As much as possible, especially if I don't know you, please put in something about you and why you want to be added.
4. I'll see if I can add you back...most likely, I can and will probably add you back, as long as you follow the rules and steps above.
5. Have fun!
As evil and bitchy as I might sound, I'm actually not...well, most of the time. LOL! Anyway, this is nothing personal and I have my own reasons for locking this journal and making it somewhat exclusive. So yeah, don't feel bad if I don't add you back right away or if I take you off my Friends List...which, by the way, will only probably happen if you did something really stupid or if you violate the rules and crap. By the way, you also have a bigger chance of being added back if I know you (and like you, LOL) and if we share the same interests. So yep, that's about it...add me, comment and have fun! ;P
P.S. If you have anything else to say such as comments, questions, ideas, suggestions, feedback...as long as it is appropriate and constructive, then comment on this entry and or get in touch with me via e-mail or something. Thanks!